We are offering a free 10-session virtual CPD programme for primary school teachers with the aim of improving knowledge of Computer Science and Computational Thinking, and applying these skills in the classroom and across the school.
Following the success of the virtual training sessions we offered primary school teachers during the lockdown period, we are pleased to be able to offer a full programme of support to you in the Autumn term. The sessions also link with the DCF and work across the new AoLEs of the new curriculum.
By participating in the programme, you will gain accreditation as a Technocamps Certified Teacher, and your school will become a Technocamps Certified School status at the level of Bronze, Silver, or Gold.
Awards will be based on the completion of the Technocamps Teacher Training (CPD) programme by individual teachers, and the number of teachers to complete the programme in a school.
The next CPD course will run as follows:
10 x 2 hour sessions
1. 4.30-6.30pm, Wednesday 27th September
2. 4.30-6.30pm, Wednesday 4th October
3. 4.30-6.30pm, Wednesday 11th October
4. 4.30-6.30pm, Wednesday 18th October
5. 4.30-6.30pm, Wednesday 25th October
6. 4.30-6.30pm, Wednesday 8th November
7. 4.30-6.30pm, Wednesday 15th November
8. 4.30-6.30pm, Wednesday 22nd November
9. 4.30-6.30pm, Monday 29th November
10. 4.30-6.30pm, Wednesday 6th December
All participants reported that it has had a significant impact on themselves, their schools and their pupils. Hirwaun Primary School and Sketty Primary School have both achieved Gold accreditation, with Ysgol y Castell, Rhyl earning Silver.
The current course for this Autumn term is now full, keep an eye on our socials and website posts for information on next term’s course.